The new and LAST call for Research and Exchange Mobility Grant is open . Deadline for project submission: 7th of January 2020
Projects should be carried out by students/junior researchers from RPLC partner institutions with the involvement of RPLC faculty members..
Proposed research projects should be related to topics addressed by RPLC Policy Networks and should aim to develop an interdisciplinary and comparative approach. Thus, the inclusion of a mobility period within the proposal is mandatory. Clear outputs should be identified and developed in line with RPLC purposes. Collaboration with other partners (both from within and outside the RLPC network) is also mandatory. In addition, the involvement of policy makers is strongly suggested.
For more information, click on the links below.
For further information, you can contact:
Research and Exchange Outputs
Here you can read and watch the outputs produced by students who received a RPLC Research and Exchange Mobily grant.
Project topic: Examining Women in Agriculture in the Scottish and Maritime Canadian Islands
Research period: August 2020 – June 2021 (delay in activities due to Covid-19)
Video on Hannah’s experience
Project topic: Resolving conflicts in resource development: The role of impact benefit agreements
Research period: May 2019 – June 2021 (delay in activities due to Covid-19)
Project Topic: Between Idea and Experience: Reflections on Place-Based Research in Rural Scotland
Research period: October 2019- February 2020
- Summary of the Activities
- Reflections on place-based policy
- Poster_Investigating place-based rural innovation systems
- Presentation_Reimaging Rural Futures
- Report on Case studies of island repopulation initiatives – SRUC
Lessons from recreational cannabis legalization: What can rural B.C. learn from the state of Oregon?
Research period: September 2018 till September 2019
The relationships between food sovereignty, cultural sustainability and rural tourism
Mobility period: Fall 2018 – Summer 2019
Case Studies on Municipal Re-inspection Programs for Residential On-site Wastewater Systems in Ontario
Mobility period: February 2018 – February 2019
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: Exploring Lessons Learned with Municipal Re-inspection Programs for Residential On -site Wastewater Systems in Ontario
- CASE STUDY: Spotlight on the Township of Leeds and the Thousand Islands’ Sewage System Re-Inspection Program
- CASE STUDY:Spotlight on the Mandatory Maintenance Inspection Program Conducted in the Municipality of Callander
- CASE STUDY:Spotlight on the Township of Rideau Lakes’ Septic Re-inspection Program
- CASE STUDY: Spotlight on the Township of Tiny’s Sewage System Re-inspection Program
Project Presentations and Media Attention
- 2019 Canadian Environmental Law Association Webinar: Overview of Septic System Reinspection Programs in Ontario.
- 2018 FOCA Lake Stewards Newsletter- pg.10
- CRRF 2018 Presentation
- FOCA Fall 2018 AGM
- Latornell 2018 Presentation
For more information about this project, see the project webpage: http://rplcarchive.ca/septic-maintenance-project/
Project Topic: Analysis of the Efficiencies of Food Management System Using a GIS Network Analysis Approach.
Mobility period: July – November 2018.
- -Engaging summary
- -Manitoba experience
- -Video about the mobility Period
- –Photos about the mobility Period
Project Topic: Bioenergy from woody biomasses, a comparison between Missouri and Emilia Romagna .
Mobility period: March – July 2018
- -Engaging summary
- -Two page summary
- -Video about the mobility period
- -College of Agriculture – Mizzou photo
- –Workshop in Mizzou – Compare project (UNIBO) – photo
Project Topic:Does Hazelnut Shells Matter? Potential Valorization Routes Of Hazelnut Byproducts In Emilia Romagna (Italy) And Oregon (Usa).
Mobility period: April – July 2018-Engaging summary
Vonique Romayne Mason-Edwards
Project Topic: Exploring the Role of Social Sanctuary in Arctic Community Development: A Case Study of Nunavut and Greenland –
Mobility period: February – June 18
Margherita Del Prete:
Why food waste matters? A comparative analysis of university students’ behavior in Emilia-Romagna and Oregon – Mobility period: Sept. 2017 – February 2018
Project Topic: Renewable energy development in rural areas: barriers and opportunities for policy interventions in Canada and Italy.
Mobility period: Sept. – Dec. 2017
Sarah Breen and Terry MacDonald:
The Future of Forestry in the UK and the British Columbia Interior – Mobility period: March – Dec. 2017
- brief summary
- future of Forestry-BC Initial Impressions
- future of Forestry-Scotland BC
- future of Forestry-Technology and Innovation Impressions
Understanding influencing factors on career choice making in forestry in relation to participants’ conceptualisation of forestry – Mobility period: May –August 2017